Owl Cottage is thought to date back to 1800 and was originally the cottage for the foreman of the next door farm. Rumour has it that may even contain stones from the nearby Dunstanburgh Castle in its walls!
The cottage offers light and airy accommodation for 5 plus a cot, with spacious and bright living spaces including a warm and cosy living room with a large inglenook fireplace and wood burner, a dining kitchen with hand crafted ash wood kitchen and a garden room overlooking the enclosed back cottage garden. There are fantastic views from the 3 bedrooms across fields to the sea at Craster and Embleton Bay.
Tasteful colours, crisp clean furniture and simple understated charm enhance the character of the cottage. Very well equipped, with quality products including free wi-fi and free telephone calls to landlines within UK, Europe and USA.
Outside is the sunny enclosed back garden with seating and BBQ and 3 outbuildings which house the coal & logs, 2 children’s bicycles, garden games, body boards to take to the beach and storage space for your own bikes and golf clubs. To the front of the cottage is a small garden with seating and across the private lane the much larger walled front garden with a lawn, trampoline and vegetable and fruit patches. It’s south facing and a great place to sit on our decking and take in the surrounding views and watch the local wildlife.
- Free broadband wi-fi.
- Free telephone calls to landlines within UK. Landline phone takes incoming calls too.
- 2 x Panasonic LCD televisions with Freeview, DVD player and DVDs.
- Sony Playstation 2 with games for all ages.
- iPhone/iPod docking stations in many rooms (iPhone 4 & 5).
- Portable airplay speaker (for any mobile phone) in the garden room.
- CD/radio/cassette hi-fi, DAB digital radio, portable CD player.
- Extensive library of fiction and non-fiction books for all ages.
- Board games and colouring books. Kid’s telescope for stargazing at the wonderfully dark Northumbrian night sky.
- Oil-fired central heating.
- Coal and logs provided for wood burner.
- Vintage pine furniture.
- Washing machine & tumble dryer, iron & ironing board.
- Hair drier.
- Fridge-freezer, fridge, electric hob, grill & oven, microwave, kettle, toaster.
- Coolbag/freezer blocks, picnic set, windbreaker, rug, beach games, rockpool fishing nets, buckets and spades.
- 3 bedrooms with room for the cot in any of them. Bedroom 1 – king size bed. Bedroom 2 – versatile zip & link bed which can be configured as twin single beds or a super king size bed. Let us know at time of booking. Bedroom 3 – spacious single bedroom. Egyptian cotton bed linen provided. Down feather duvets. Let us know if you require non-feather bedding.
- Wooden cot and mattress and high chair available. Again, let us know at time of booking if you require these.
- Downstairs family bathroom with over-bath shower. Egyptian cotton towels provided. You will need to bring your own beach towels.
- Baby monitor, plastic bowls, plates, cups and cutlery.
- Lovely gardens with garden furniture, BBQ, garden games and a 10-foot trampoline with safety net. Our garden within the front walled garden is on the far left facing you with decking & trampoline, currently accessed through a middle gate.
- Parking for 2 cars max.
- Cycle path from front door to the beach.
- Two pubs within walking distance, The Cottage Inn in Dunstan and The Jolly Fisherman in Craster.
- Nearby bus service to Alnwick, Newcastle, Berwick and East Coast mainline train services at Alnmouth (X18 & 418).